NBC's "30 Rock" Lip Syncing

Here is a snippet of the process I use when lip syncing. I was commissioned to sync some characters for the Super Bowl episode on NBC's "30 Rock".

Before I touch any project files, I look over the script. This gives me a pretty good idea of who is talking. I wasn't familiar with all the characters, so I did a little research online to help me put a face with the names given.

Then I play around with the character files to learn what mouth shapes are available for use. Each character had about 4-6 mouth shapes.

Time was of the essence, so while syncing, instead of taking several RAM Preview breaks, as I normally would, I waited until the final render, and took a lot of edit notes. It's not the most preferred method among individuals that tend to get antsy, but it is very effected in a crunch.

Lip syncing this project was a lot of fun. Not only did I get updated on some current pop icons, but I memorized the theme song to "Passions"! It's really beautiful.



To see the full animated clip, please click HERE to visit my site.