"You See When You Want To See" Editorial Comic for the Connector newspaper

Premise: This piece is meant to make a statement about people seeing the unpleasant things on life only when they want to. On several occasions we seem to have our eyes put away. Color Test 2: Here is one idea as to where I could go with color. I left the mirror blank so that I could paste an image in later (maybe I could use this for an ad).



Color Test 2: Here is one idea as to where I could go with color. I left the mirror blank so that I could paste an image in later (maybe I could use this for an ad).





Color Test: Lately, I’ve been coloring my illustrations with this four-step method. Keeping each step on its own layer defiantly gives me a lot of control when it comes to playing with color options. For this project, my primary colors are going to be red and blue-green.





Line Work: It was a little challenging to do all of my line work in Photoshop, because I wanted to achieve a Flash-like stroke. However, I didn’t want to go back and forth between programs (Flash for line work and Photoshop for color). Overall, I am happy with the way the lines turned out, but maybe next time I’ll use Toonboom.









Sketch: It took quite a few lines to get the correct perspective for this image, but I don’t like to “eyeball-average” those kinds of things.